TIPS FOR TODAY:
# 1 – Holy cow, Mother Nature, you’ve outdone yourself again!
An Australian Peacock Spider
# 2 – An article from the Natural News newsletter about 7 natural products you can use for body care. Be sure and check out the trueearthmama.com site listed at the end for your free e-book on natural body care recipes…
(NaturalNews) The skin is the largest organ in the body and everything you put on your skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. There are many toxic chemicals added to commercial body care products that have been shown to affect the body’s immune system, reproductive system and nervous system. However, there are many natural products that can be used in all of your body care needs. Here are seven inexpensive natural ingredients that can be used to replace the unnecessary chemicals in many of your personal care products.
• Apple cider vinegar not only has many benefits to your internal body but also is an excellent beauty product for all your hair and skin needs from head to toe. ACV is cheap and due to its high acidity, it balances your skin and hair’s natural pH levels while leaving a beautiful glow.
• Baking soda (or bicarbonate of soda) is a gentle alkaline powder that cleans, whitens and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Baking soda will also draw out toxins which makes it a wonderful ingredient for your homemade products. You can find baking soda at any grocery store and it is very cheap.
• Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honeybees in their beehive. Beeswax has many uses, but in skin products, once applied to the skin, it forms a protective and moisturizing layer on the surface. It also contains antibacterial properties.
• Coconut oil has so many great uses. Coconut oil has anti-viral and anti-microbial properties. Not only is coconut oil great for cooking, it is also can be used in almost every body care need.
• Jojoba oil is a botanical extract from the seed of a jojoba tree. It can be used as a make-up remover, conditioner, facial cleanser, massage and bath oil, body moisturizer, lip conditioner and much more. It has been said to be very close to the consistency of human skin oils, thus cleans pores without clogging them.
• Vitamin E oil is a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging and promotes healing. It is used in many products for the skin and nails.
• Zinc oxide is not only an antioxidant that is able to soothe, protect and help heal the skin, but it is also a sun protector able to absorb UVA and UVB rays from the sun. It can be used in children and baby lotions, nail products, skin lotions and sunscreens.
Sources for this article include:
About the author:
Alex is a TRUE Earth Mama, helping others tune into their most natural state while bringing harmony and balance into all areas of their lives in order to THRIVE.
Please check out Alex’s Blog!
# 3 – Good news via Rob Brezsney’s Pronoia newsletter…
YOU MAY HAVE GREATER RESOURCES AT YOUR DISPOSAL THAN YOU REALIZE: We’re all born geniuses, but the grind of the routine tends to de-genius us. Good news: You can re-genius yourself.
SOME PROGRESS IS “BEHIND THE SCENES” BECAUSE THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA DOESN’T MENTION IT: Solar energy is on the rise in Germany. The recent solar boom means the alternative form of energy now reaches 8 million homes in Germany, a 45 percent increase compared to 2011.
Medea Benjamin’s 10 Favorite Things about 2012:
# 4 – The 2013 Instant Awakening Experiment is starting this Monday…
And people all over the world will be taking part in it. Awakening 2013, presented by You Wealth Revolution, is a global intention and awareness movement to create a massive shift in transformation by using the power of intention and focus. There will be a long list of presenters, including such lumaries as Panache Desai, Jo Dunning, Rikka Zimmerman, Mashhur Anam and Christie Marie Sheldon. Sign up now and receive your free Awakening Energy Kit, plus other bonuses.
# 5 – Some of the many uses for all-natural, inexpensive baking soda…
# 6 – And something from Abraham…
“In most cases you are much more than you have been allowing yourself to believe that you are, because you’ve been letting things that you are observing confirm something that is not accurate.” — Abraham
And don’t forget to stop by my “What’s New” page for more tips, picks and free stuff!